Знаменити джаз вокалисти (Famous Jazz Singers) Знаменитые джаз вокалисты
Альбом: 1 пласт.
Размер: 12" (гигант)
Тип записи: стерео
Оборотов в мин.: 33
Состояние (диск/конверт): очень хорошее / очень хорошее
1. LOUIS ARMSTRONG I get a kick out of you (G. Gershwin)
2. NAT KING COLE Stardust (H. Carmichael)
3. FRANK SINATRA . I 've got you under my skin (C. Porter)
4. TONY BENNETT I 've grown accustomed to her face (Loewe)
5. RAY CHARLES Alexander's Ragtime Band (J. Berlin)
6. JOE WILLIAMS Get out of my life (A. Toussaint)
1. LOUIS ARMSTRONG I 've got the world on a string (H. Arlen)
2. NAT KING COLE Again (Newman)
3. FRANK SINATRA What are you doing the rest of life (M. Legrand)
4. TONY BENNETT Chicago (Fisher)
5. RAY CHARLES Let the good times roll (S. Theard)
6. JOE WILLIAMS Evil man blues (L. Feather — L.Hampton)
When we talk of jazz singing, it is the female performers that get, more or less, better consideration. Their numerical superiority has been apparent and incontestable ever since the earliest period of jazz. It may be by way of compensation for there being but relatively few female instrumentalists, or it might be as a result of some peculiar psychological propensity matching the expressiveness of vocal jazz-music. Nevertheless, the male singers, though fewer, honourably stand their position. A certain state of equilibrium is reached by just mentioning the name of Louis Armstrong. The fact that Satchmo has probably been the greatest jazz vocalist of all times does not at all reduce the importance о many other male singers. Each of the six performers of four successive generations, represented on this record, has contributed a lot to the development of vocal jazz, and is remembered for his own individual charm. The gentle lyricism of Nat King Cole, the refinement and the vocal technique of Tony Bennett, Joe Williams's feeling of blues and swing, Sinatra's masculine romanticism and treatment оf the lyrics, as well as the expressiveness and deep emotionality of Ray Charles supplement the portrait of the old pioneer-master Louis Armstrong whose art has focused all these qualities together with a nice sense of humour, artistic spontaneity and great humanism.
In fact, I do believe, you will discover and feel the qualities I have mentioned for yourself.